Saturday, September 29, 2007



One of my more memorable experiences with the peoples of Africa was being a guest in the Pygmy village. On my arrival I was able to take a walk around the area and photograph the people and their habitations. Then the people from the village gathered for some music, singing, and dance. During the last number I was asked to join in and strut my stuff. Ha-Ha. It really was marvellous. Why are they so happy in such primitive surroundings? Well, a lot of reefer action helps I suppose. As part of their culture and customs they are allowed to grow cannibis in their garden plots and indeed I did see some on my tour. The chief was constantly toking on his pipe and after the last song the drummer lady put a marijuana cigar to her lips that would have done Cheech and Chong proud.

No comments: