Sunday, September 30, 2007



Welcome to Jinja, the adrenilin capital of Uganda. This is the Nile High bungee tower that reaches out over the river and is about 50 meters from water to platform. After having my ankles tightly wrapped I slowly inched my way to the edge of the launch point. Perhaps the scariest moment for me was simply standing there looking down at the water´s surface waiting for the instructor to give me the green light. Just as I was leaping off the thought rushed through my mind, "What the hell am I doing!" Of course by that time it´s too late, the insane speed of freefall has begun. Four seconds later after dipping my hands in the river I was rocketing skyward just as fast. It was awesome. However, a few thrilling moments pale in comparison to the all day adventure of whitewater rafting and challenging some of the biggest rapids in the world. Thirty kilometers of river, twelve major rapids and the scenery along the way was enough to make this my most enjoyable day in East Africa. The three rafting photos were at Bujugali Falls a technical class 5 rapid and, once you´ve finished, the fruit bats greet you in the hundreds.

No comments: