Saturday, September 29, 2007



Well, I was now on my own. Ladka finished her ten-day trip after Murchison. This is a small national park tucked into the extreme southwest corner of Uganda and shares its border with Rwanda and Zaire (The Democratic Republic of Congo). The journey there was a long yet interesting one in which two confused goats were obliterated by our speeding bus and the taxi, really a mini-van built for an occupancy of 14, was crammed with 26 people as it rumbled over one hundred kilometers of hilly, teeth-rattling, unpaved roads. Looking at the photo, was it worth it? By George it was!

1 comment:

danbow said...

Awesome, unusual picture and an interesting story on how you got there. I love seeing new things, but don't get the opportunities you do. I'm fine with my lot, though. Maybe one of these days when the kids are gone, Shannon and I will go see a bunch of stuff. I'm not sure she'll want to deal with much that's uncomfortable, though.