Thursday, October 4, 2007

Fulfilling my plans in Kenya, it was now time to shift my attention to Tanzania. After three days of travel I finally reached Arusha which may quite possibly be the safari capital of the world. Tourists from all over the planet come here to book a safari heading into one or more of the six national parks in the area. It was only a few hours after arrival that my itinerary was set on a six day safari. Day one in Lake Manyara, days two to four in the Serengeti, day five in the crater of Ngorongoro, and day six in Tarangire. My fellow travellers would be Linda, a teaching volunteer from Ireland working in the Arusha area, and a delightful couple, Irate (pronounced EER-AH-TAY) and Manolo from Spain. Our driver and safari leader was Isaac and our wonderful cook was Moses. Despite the biblical names we did not spend forty years wandering in the wilderness. Our trip was scheduled for only six days and on the seventh day I rested.

No comments: